Yes, they can. Our youngest cat does it when he hops on the desk.
Strange question that suddenly intrigued me..
My cat really likes to chase small, fast little things... more than any other cat I've seen, anyway.
Well, I was holding her just now in one arm while clicking the mouse in the other. She was looking directly at the screen... so I figured I'd see if she'll follow the cursor around the screen. Nope, she didn't even notice anything... like she was completely ignorant of the entire thing.
I just thought maybe that's an aspect where their vision may possibly differ from ours.
Yes, they can. Our youngest cat does it when he hops on the desk.
When my cat jumps on the desk, she evantually attempts to catch the mouse curser moving on the monitor.
With it, I always live the TV on, and she sits there watching the TV for hours, hours, and hours. And doesn't move her eyes off the screen unless it's dinner time.
So I guess yes, they can. [img]wink.gif[/img]
yeah, i've seen mine go after the mouse pointer. sits on top of the monitor and swats at it.
My cat LOVES watching Jim Sachs's "virtual aquarium" screensaver. She paws at the fish and meows like crazy.
And if you haven't tried it, if you have a cat you *have* to get a lazer pointer. It drives them fucking nuts.
they can unless they're blind cats.
my cats love laser pointers. so does "bug" my pup
Truth is, typical cat vision is much more sensitive than ours. When looking at a television, all they see are scan lines. Human eyes, which can't perceive still images faster than 30 frames per second, see moving pictures.
Word is that cats that respond to TV of computer screens actually are a little slower than normal cats.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think it's fascinating.Originally posted by Andyman:
Truth is, typical cat vision is much more sensitive than ours. When looking at a television, all they see are scan lines. Human eyes, which can't perceive still images faster than 30 frames per second, see moving pictures.
Word is that cats that respond to TV of computer screens actually are a little slower than normal cats.
if you put a sock on a cat's head, they can't see but they do walk backwards, you should really try it,its sorta funny
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey....we're just 'special'Originally posted by Andyman:
Truth is, typical cat vision is much more sensitive than ours. When looking at a television, all they see are scan lines. Human eyes, which can't perceive still images faster than 30 frames per second, see moving pictures.
Word is that cats that respond to TV of computer screens actually are a little slower than normal cats.
Bookmarks